Sunday, February 15, 2009

Grocery shopping

Today is my mother's birthday. I decided to go get her some flowers, she loves flowers and as I was shopping at the grocery store I realized how many stories are there. I got coffee, can't help but get it. And a young man, with down syndrome, tells his mother that he wants to order coffee for Sissy. With guidance from his mother, he orders a skinny vanilla latte, pays for it and carefully gets the change back. The baristas were so patient and kind, two things I don't always expect to see in people these days. He was so proud to do something on his own and beaming couldn't begin to describe what he was doing.
Then there was this older couple, both in long dark coats, looked like they had come from church. She had a cane. They walked slowly, deliberately. I realized that under the woman's hat there wasn't a lot of hair. Cancer and it's treatment had cut it for her. But she wasn't a victim, she was a survivor. Her stance, her walk strong able to defeat anything.

Those were jusst two of the stories I saw. There are so many more.

On another note, we went to see a house today. It is small but it will work for the two of us, so much potential. We will make it work. We will be moving at the end of July, beginning of August. I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Goggles are good